Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Thankful and sorry

As I watched the news today, I saw that they are burying a soldier that was killed in Iraq last week. He was so young- in his early 20's I believe. He leaves behind a family and fiance. My heart goes out to his family and his fiance. As I think back on the time that Shawn was gone, I realize how incredibly lucky I am that I didn't have to deal with that. That was my biggest fear as I think it is any family member of a soldier. I am thankful that this young man was willing to lose his life for my freedom. I am sorry that his family is dealing with such a horrible situation. As I write this I think of how thankful I am that so many soldiers risk there lives everyday so that we can live in such a great country. So please if you know anyone serving thank them for every sacrifice that they make. If you don't personal know someone and see a man or woman in uniform don't hesitate to tell them thank you. Its the least you can for the things that they have to go through.

No comments: