Sunday, July 20, 2008

Always have been independent

Ever since I was 19, I have lived on my own. I loved living on my own. I got married in 2004 and of course that all changed. I have been married for almost 4 years but of the last year my husband has been on a year long deployment. So once again I am living alone. I have never considered myself to be someone that needed a guy around all the time. I am still independent but I realize that I need my husband here. He is my best friend and someone that I depend on when things get rough. Since he has been gone I have only had myself to rely on which is nothing that I am not used to. I never realized until lately that I do need him a lot more than I allow myself to admit. I can take care of things around the house. Its not that kind of things that I need him to take care of. It is the emotional things, the ones that only he understands. He knows how to cheer me up when I am feeling down. He can ALWAYS make me laugh. That is one of the things that I miss most. It is hard for me to really tell him when I am down since he is in Iraq and dealing with more serious stuff than me having a bad day. But even though I try to hide it from him he still knows. I think that is what makes him my soulmate!!!

No comments: