Thursday, July 10, 2008

Now in Double Digits

Well today I checked out my countdown on when shawn comes home and starting tomorrow we are out of triple digits and have moved into double digits. This has been the time that I have been looking forward to the most being able to say we have less than 100 days!!! I am very suprised at how fast this time has gone. I thought this was going to be the longest year ever. But we are in the second week in july so...HURRY UP OCTOBER!!!! I have learned a lot about myself during this time. I always knew that I was independent but I have discovered that I am a strong woman. I think I can make it through anything now! I have also developed a strong love for this country. I have always been very patriotic my dad is a retired marine so it was instilled in me at an early age. But now that I am an adult it is a diffrent love. I am so thankful that there are soldiers willing to risk their lives so that I can live in a free country. I am also thankful that one of those soldiers is mine. He wrote me a letter before he left and in it he wrote that he is going to Iraq to fight so that I would be safe at home. I dont think I have ever forgotten those words. He is there fighting for something that he strongly believes in. I have supported him 110% and will continue to do that. I am so ready to have him back here with me and I am hoping that he doesnt have to go again, but if he does I know that its for something is believes in so strongly.

No comments: